Maybe these are the words that could explain the relationship the two stuffed porcupines had,which however ended ,as they say, in the following way:
- "You, the young, are on the way up. My natural enemy! I wanted to be a father figure to you and you don’t give a damn!!
- Perhaps with a reason?! And anyway, who told you that I need a father figure?
- I am an artist and naturally the artist is misunderstood. That is normal and after a while becomes familiar. But I insist: at least misunderstand me correctly!!
- OK,then! There are some people(including artists) that make things happen, some that watch while things happen and finally the ones who simply wonder ‘what happened?’ I belong to the first category. Guess the category you belong to?!
- Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
- Experience comes from both good and bad judgments. But you ,as already stated, have ONLY made bad judgments!
- Stop! Stop! You are always so judgmental. And you know what? When I’m feeling porcupine-y, I get nasty, I get whiny,so stay away or I might stick you!!
What’s happening here? Are you arguing again?
- No, we are just having a good stimulating conversation.
- Yes,as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after….
You know what? I am so fed up with both of you having rows all the time !! But this time I decided to do something about it.
KILL YOU BOTH!!
- No,no wait! I am young ,beautiful, intelligent, entertaining. I am useful!!
- Really? I am the famous artist! I am wise, I am the brand name here. So kill her..
- Go on,show him my letters and he could tell us who is the wiser. But what do you expect? Lupus pilum mutat, non mentem!!!
- Exactly! And watch now what the lupus will do with your letters…
- Oh my God! Someone stop him….
- You wrote that your sharp words are quills to prick me, didn’t you?
- Yes, I did! So you read them? Please stop doing that and answer…
- It’s too late now for answers. I thought that we had found the optimum distance to share each other’s warmth without putting each other’s eyes out.
- We had, we have, we will..But please stop doing that!!
What happened? They killed themselves. First he stuffed himself with her letters and then she stuffed herself with his art.
They say that they died looking at each other’s eyes trying to exchange a last kiss, but they could not move. They were stuffed with each others words and that’s why they are placed nose to nose…Silly porcupines!!
But for once in their lifetime they wrote something together: “The porcupine, whom one must handle gloved, may be respected, but never loved”.
Next week Joe will have something that you need to see and some things that you need to read. ARRIVEDERCI!!